Friday, January 13, 2012

Why no sane musician should use Chat Roulette.

Well, we all remember the site where you press a button and are instantly connected to any person in the world. Make that any person you wouldn't consider sober or sane. On the late night of January 13th, I went on to Chat Roulette to attempt to collect a survey about classical music. My questions were going to ask about what was their favorite music, if they had ever listened to classical music, and what they felt about it. I had planned to record it and put it on YouTube, but unfortunately, the results were less than favorable.
The first group of guys I got to talk to were willing. I asked my questions and they answered that they loved alternative and thought classical music was for douchebags. Next were some guys in army gear. They liked rap. They then said that I was a weirdo for liking classical. Then after some more failed chats, actually reached someone who was speaking English. Some 12 year old boys from Ireland who liked dubstep. They told me that I was a weirdo for being on chat roulette. More quick nexts and a penis later, I gave up.
Conclusion: if you are on chat roulette, you don't have anything better to do. I don't know why, but we still have the stereotype of classical music as an elitist art. They think that we are all nerds, geeks, and unsociable people. And everyday I say that this is not true. And I intend to prove it anyway I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment